“If you could, please do a review on “Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World”. I checked your movie review playlist, and it doesn’t look like you’ve done a review on this yet. I finally got around to watching it, it was released in 2010 but I figured I’d watch it because it has great reviews. I won’t say anything else about it, and I’ll wait to hear your take on it. Just to confirm, you don’t have to do the video from my other donations, I just would like to hear your take on this movie. Thanks.” Thanks for the donation Caleb. As well as suggesting that I watch this film. So it took me some time to figure out how to relate this film to MGTOW. The film is about a character named Scott Pilgrim and for most of the film he’s dating a girl called Ramona Flowers. And for some crazy reason he has to fight and defeat her seven ex lovers. At first I couldn’t figure out what that had to do with MGTOW and dating but I started to think of the seven ex lovers as the emotional baggage that Ramona carries with her from all her previous relationships. A has to have almost super hero status to deal with the emotional baggage that many women give you. And just when you deal with the baggage usually the relationship ends and you have nothing left to show for it. It’s not so much about Scott Pilgrim fighting evil ex boyfriends but the baggage of those guys that was once there. This film also made me really queezy because it reminds me of my life living in downtown Toronto in my early to mid twenties where this film is set. I used to go to the Pizza Pizza across from Honest Eds in my early twenties in the neighborhood called the Annex. And I also had a long term relationship with a woman that lived in another neighborhood called cabbagetown. But getting to the actual review of this film Scott Pilgrim, the main character is still emotionally involved with his Ex Girlfriend and at the beginning he’s dating a high school girl called Knives Chau and then he also gets involved with Ramona Flowers as well.
10 pictures paid for and licensed through BigStock.com (In order of appearance)
1. s_bukley – Anna Kendrick at the “Scott Pilgrim VS. The World” Premiere, Chinese Theater, Hollywood, CA. 07-27-10
2. Dean Drobot – Double exposure of a city and happy man playing guitar
3. Harveys Art – Florence Welch At Scott Pilgrim Vs The World Premiere In Central London 18Th August 2010
4. Inna Vlasova – Young Male Musician With A White Guitar
5. s_bukley – Michael Cera at the “Scott Pilgrim VS. The World” Premiere, Chinese Theater, Hollywood, CA. 07-27-10
6. Pavlo Kolotenko – Rocking out!
7. s_bukley – Aubrey Plaza at the “Scott Pilgrim VS. The World” Premiere, Chinese Theater, Hollywood, CA. 07-27-10
8. Elnur – Man in red sombrero playing guitar
9. s_bukley – Jason Schwartzman at the “Scott Pilgrim VS. The World” Premiere, Chinese Theater, Hollywood, CA. 07-27-10
10. Elnur – Man with guitar during concert